Saturday, February 16, 2008

My first blog!

I love food. It inspires me and is a fantanstic output for my creative urges. Lately, I've been thinking about adding more tofu to my diet. Tofu's great but I'm not a big fan of the store bought 'veggie burgers' and 'veggie patés' they just seem a bit artificial to me. So, for starters, here's the result of one of my little kitchen experiences: a sipple tofu spread that's great on pita bread or in sandwitches or on crackers... etc.

1/2 a pack of plain tofu (organic if possible)
1/3 pack cream cheese
1 carrot, pealed
1/2 cup coriander
1/4 cup suchini
1 clove of crushed garlic or 1 clove of cooked garlic for a milder taste
a pinch of hot chili flakes if you like it spicy
a few tablespoons of lemon or apple cider vinegar, to taste
pinch of salt

So, just put everything in a food processor until if forms a creamy spread.
Keeps in the fridge in an airtight container for about 5 days.

No comments: